Introduction to Preschool
Poko Loko offers full and part-time Introduction To Preschool programs for our two-year-olds. Ratios are kept low, one teacher per eight children. All meals are provided including breakfast, lunch, and two nutritious snacks. Parents are responsible for providing diapers and wipes of their choice. Our two-year-old program is structured to help your child learn socially and cognitively. Theme-based stories, singing, creative art, letters, numbers, picture cards, colors, and shapes are all daily parts of our daily program. This program assists our two-year-olds in developing early language and communication skills as they are introduced to preschool.
Wheeling Playground #1
Wheeling Playground #2
Wheeling Playground #3
Wheeling Playground #4
Wheeling Introduction to Preschool #1
Wheeling Introduction to Preschool #2
Wheeling Introduction to Preschool #3
Wheeling Introduction to Preschool #4
Wheeling Introduction to Preschool #5
- Our two-year-old ratio is one teacher per eight children.
- Periodically throughout the year children will move up to an older room. The children are usually eager for this move because they are going to a new room that is stimulating and exciting. Their curriculum is getting more challenging, and they will be encouraged to learn and try new things. To help with this change, Poko Loko will let the child visit the new room before she moves. Parents will also be informed of this move.
- Our children take their naps on cots. Each child has his own cot with a blanket and sheet that is washed at least once a week.
- Our two-year-olds each go home with a “Two-Year-Old Tales” sheet that lets the parents know about what happened during the day. In addition to this, we encourage parents to talk to the teachers on a daily basis.
- As two-year-olds, the children are introduced to a preschool schedule that is modified to be appropriate for their young age. Every morning the children have their preschool activities; these include story time, circle time, music time, etc. Each child also completes a project; the projects include finger painting, easel painting, bingo markers, coloring, etc. Throughout the day, the children have structured play times; activities during these times include playing with small manipulatives, large manipulatives, dramatic play, reading books, etc. The children eat breakfast, two snacks, and lunch together, and they all nap at the same time. Every month the parents receive the curriculum that their child’s class is following. The curriculum includes the special subjects the children are learning and any special projects they will complete as well as our special songs, books, and activities.
- Poko Loko provides cereal plus another whole grain or protein option along with fruit and milk that will be served from 6:30 a.m.–8:30 a.m. for breakfast. The children are fed a snack at about 9:00 a.m. and then again after naptime. Snacks may include fresh fruit, yogurt, cheese and crackers, etc., and milk or juice. Children are served a hot, nutritious, delicious lunch every day. Parents may take a copy of our monthly menu to see what we are serving. Please let your child’s teacher know if there is anything your child cannot have.
- Please inform your child’s teacher when you have begun potty training at home with your child. It is very important that you inform us of your plans so that we can be consistent with your strategies. For instance, if you are using pull-ups at home, please bring them in so that we can use them too. It is important that we know what you are doing at home and how your child is doing with you so that we can support your child’s progress at school. Together our efforts will help your child find success.